Sunday 19 February 2017

Article to read : Lessons learnt in Leadership by David Kwok


One of my staff asked me the following question :
“Sometimes what is sad is after training someone to be a good leader, they will go away and move on. Isn’t it tiring to keep training new ones?”

Here are my answer.
“If you are a good leader. Your disciple will stay. If he choose to go, it could be because he does not fully understand the true meaning of the leader’s work. It’s a transition and growing up. Sometimes when he goes out there to see the world and experience himself, he might slowly appreciate what he has learnt from his previous leader. And maybe someday he will return.

If he does not return, then I can only say that I have to work harder as a leader to deserve him. That is how I consistently improve myself.”

Her Second Question:
“When you give a connection to people, do you feel afraid that they will take that potential job away from you?”

Here are my answer.
“In business and entrepreneurship, it’s all about relations and trust. If one is afraid of everything and do not trust anyone, one cannot get things done.

It’s all about integrity of your disciple and the client you choose. And most of all, the values you bring together in a company. I am selective over my long-term clients and most of them became my friends. That is how I run my business.

If your disciple can easily steal your client. Then you know that you are weak in your business relationship and you are weak in evaluating the right person to be chosen as a leader. So you have to pay for the price. The more mistakes you make. The sharper you will be.

Treat people with your heart and sincerity. You will attract the same kind of people to you. (Both client and employee) With this, no one can steal anything from you.”

This article is taken from Entrepreneurship in Animation Blog (a blog run by our CEO, David Kwok)

No comments:

Post a Comment